Group representation theory
Bernoulli center - EPFL Lausanne - January to June 2005
The Bernoulli Center is a new research institute at the
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland.
There will be a six-month research program entitled
"Group representation theory"
to be held at the Bernoulli Center from January to June 2005.
The program is centered around the following topics:
- Local finite groups and classifying spaces
- Cohomology of finite groups and support varieties
- Finite reductive groups and spetses (March-June)
- Modular representations of Hecke algebras (March-June)
- Subgroup structure of semi-simple algebraic groups (March-June)
- Finite subgroups of semi-simple algebraic groups (March-June)
We invite anyone who is interested to come to contact one of the
List of participants (with expected period of their visit):
(Last update June 7, 2005.)
- Three talks by J.-P. Serre "On finite subgroups
of Lie groups";
May 25, 26, 27, 10h00-12h00, salle CM5.
Workshops and conferences
- April 4-8, 2005: One-week workshop on topology and representation
(in particular: local finite groups and classifying spaces,
cohomology of finite groups).
of participants | Program
Here are some links to slides or manuscripts related to talks given
during this workshop:
- April 11-13, 2005: Workshop on endo-permutation modules (final
classification, new perspectives).
- May 9-13, 2005: "Seminaire Transalpin" on algebraic groups and related
(in collaboration with the universities of Lyon 1, Grenoble and
of participants |
- June 13-17, 2005: One-week conference on algebraic groups and finite
of participants |
For information about the city of Lausanne, pictures, cultural events and
so on, click here.
This page is maintained by Meinolf Geck